The curriculum of Rawdha recognises that all knowledge is sacred and worthy of pursuit and that learning is a lifelong tradition in Islam. Rawdha’s curriculum is designed to foster thought, curiosity and a desire for learning in all students, regardless of their backgrounds, strengths and needs. The curriculum should be a gateway to opportunity and a knowledge-based vibrant community in the United Kingdom and beyond.
Rawdha aims to:
- Mould students into active British citizens, with a sense of responsibility for their actions.
- To encourage students’ social participation within their community.
- Provide a high quality of Islamic education and training to a very high level standard with definite provision of sound academic and secular education, and vocational training, to Advanced Level.
- Serve the Islamic and the academic needs of the Muslim community, both locally and nationally, and to ensure that each and every one of our students achieves their full potential.
- Ensure professional standard of higher Islamic Studies
- Train and nurture young Muslims on their social and religious conduct.
- To promote the welfare of young Muslims and to give students a practical and more successful understanding of their religious and social rights and responsibilities in society.
- To allow students to develop their spiritual and moral individuality so that they become true models of Islam, as well as respecting the individuality of others and other cultures and faiths.
- To empower students with the necessary skills to integrate within society without endangering or compromising their beliefs and principles.
Rawdha will ensure the curriculum:
- Is broad and balanced in nature
- Emphasises learning literacy, numeracy, science, languages and humanities.
- Encourages high levels of participation in subjects that lead to the English Baccalaureate.
- Prioritise academic achievement in literacy and numeracy for least able learners
- Has a specialism which reflects the strengths and character of the community the school serves
- Provides highly positive, memorable experiences and rich opportunities for high quality learning
- Has a very positive impact on all students’ behaviour and safety
- Contributes to students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Adopts an inclusive, values driven approach in line with the faith, values and ethos of the institute
- Fosters, in all, the fundamental British values
GCSE curriculum (& KS3)
Rawdha will offer the following subjects at GCSE level (and also at KS3) level:
- English Language,
- English Literature,
- Double/Triple Science,
- Computer Science/ICT,
- Physical Education (P.E.),
- Religious Studies,
Rawdha will offer certain A-Level subjects, once our first cohort of Year 11 successfully complete their GCSE exams. Further update will be given then.
Please do visit our curriculum policy, which is available on our policies page.